Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What would I do without my Momma???

I wrote about how much I love my Daddy, now I need to do the same for my Momma! If it wasn't for their love they found I would not be here today! My Momma is always there for me and the kids. She keeps Kendall and Caden for us all day, Monday through Thursday and some Fridays so that we don't have to bear the cost of childcare! What she does for us is probably the most important and difficult job anyone can have, but it's rewarding at the same time! She takes the kids to the Mebane and Hillsborough Libraries each week. Kendall comes back with a ton of books and a few movies! Momma comes to my house every day to keep the kids. She makes sure they are safe, and well. She probably takes better care of them than I do! But then again, Grandparents usually do better anyway! They have already had the experience with their own children so they know what to expect! I know that without my Momma, my kids would be coming home sick all the time, probably getting lice or who knows what at those daycares and not getting the so-very-important LOVE and compassion that she gives them. She is ALWAYS there to take care of them when I need her. She has never said no or had anything better to do, unless of course if she was sick or had a migraine. They call her Boo. Why? I don't know-it started with Kendall and I think Momma told her that one time so Kendall just kept calling her that!

I remember when I was a kid Momma would play the piano for us sometimes and I would love to sing hymns that she played. She would let me go and do things that Daddy wouldn't! She let me use her car and her cell phone when I first met Kevin! She has always been so giving and selfless. She put our needs before hers and still does to this day. She always showed us LOVE & was always there for us.

We always find things to joke about and we have all kinds of inside jokes like "hoppin on the bus goin down to the DQ and get some slaw..." & "Let us pray...". (Aunt Libby knows all about those too!) Also the dookie trail on the floor and feet...and the bird in the house yesterday!!!

She has given so much for me and my family and I can't think of any way to fully pay her back for all she has done! I will forever be in her debt.

So, Momma, I know you're reading this and I want you to know that I appreciate everything you do, from taking care of the kids to making your famous sweet tea and keeping it in our fridge! I love you so much and I want you to always know that we are always best friends!


Peace, Love, & Hugs,

Tater

Who's Following