My Kendall is very outgoing and loves to be in the spotlight....well, she has really started to act on that by getting on stage to sing some songs with her Pappy (my Daddy) and his band, Al Batten & the Bluegrass Reunion. She made her debut a few weeks ago in Kinston, NC at the Kinston Winter Bluegrass Festival at the Lenior Community College. This past weekend, the BG Reunion played at Orange High School in Hillsborough for the annual FFA fundraiser. Kendall was ready to get on stage while Maw-Maw & Paw-Paw Sykes, Maw-Maw & Paw-Paw Ridge, Aunt Brittany, Aunt Angie, Uncle Johnny, Aunt Corrina, Uncle Craig, Mommy, Daddy, Kwanza and brother Caden all got to see her at her best! Only Mommy got to see her first performance in Kinston =]

I know this little princess is destined to be a star. She has all the qualities of a star. She is a leader and likes to be the boss. She loves to dance and sing with me and brother Caden at home or in the car! She had no hestiation of getting on stage that first day in Kinston, in fact, she asked after every song they played if the next one was her turn! I am so glad she is outgoing and eager to learn music! After all, it's in her blood. She is going to start learning to play the fiddle like her Pappy. I'm going to keep encouraging her and helping her in any way I can so that she will continuously succeed. I am so proud of my baby girl, Kendall!
In this video Kendall helps Pappy sing "Black Eyed Suzie" (my favorite). She was a little nervous at first-you can tell she had to go potty! I love how she steps in toward the mic like the others do to harmonize =] She was hesitant to be at the mic because she didn't want to take it away from Mike (the mandolin player) but Pappy kept urging her to get up there!
To see the other videos, visit youtube at : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrfaw0xpSw0